One of my favorite parts of my daily routine is diffusing essential oils. At first, I was so confused about how they actually work and just imagined them being a replacement for candles. But, in my opinion, aromatherapy is so real and relaxes/motivates/de-stresses me! Here are a few of my favorites I’ve been using:
- Lemon– Really awesome pick-me-up when I’m feeling tired or need more energy! I also love mixing this with Rosemary, isopropyl alcohol, and water for a bathroom spray!
- Rosemary– Rosemary is very uplifting and nice whenever I’m feeling upset or have anxiety. I find it very calming and relaxing.
- Clary Sage- I bought this one thinking it would have similar magical powers to burning sage, jokes! But it really does help at the end of the day with calming properties and smells fantastic mixed with Lavender!
- Lavender– The classic OG essential oil! Lavender is soo soothing and I honestly cannot go a day without using this one! I even bought Lavender essential oil body oil for putting on after a shower!
- Rose– Really great for self-confidence and overall a strong essential oil. I usually mix this one with Ylang Ylang or Lavender because on it’s own Rose has a strong fragrance.
- Clean the Air Blend- I purchased this blend from Whole Foods! I typically use it when I’m starting to get sick or have a sore throat. I honestly think this blend has kicked so many of my colds and I especially love diffusing this one after a warm shower.
- Naturally Loveable Blend– SUCH a beautiful blend I, again, purchased at Whole Foods! Whenever I want to have some me time, I diffuse this blend and the whole room smells so comforting and citrusy!
- Ylang Ylang– Love this essential oil before bed mixed with Rose or Lavender! My sister first told me about this blend and we couldn’t stop laughing about the name! The smell is very strong, like Rose, but mixed with another essential oil it’ll send you off into a peaceful night’s sleep!
Some of these blends I purchased at Whole Foods because I like how you can smell the essential oils before purchasing. A great place to buy essential oils on a budget is TJ Maxx or Marshall’s! Just make sure the label says it’s Therapeutic Grade.