I wanted to share this recipe from The Moon Juice Cookbook because of how amazing and simple it is! I’m an avid coconut milk or almond milk drinker, and finding this super simple recipe for cashew milk was a BLESSING!
You can use almonds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, or cashews (or even a blend of a couple different ones)!
Nut Milk Recipe
1. Fill a bowl with water and soak nuts in it overnight, in your fridge
2. Drain the liquid from the nuts and then place the nuts in your blender with fresh water
3. Blend for a couple of seconds, be sure not to overblend because you’ll have little pieces of nuts in your milk
4. Strain the mixture with either a cheesecloth, or I used a french press!
5. ENJOY! It’ll last in the fridge for up to 4 days!
I also love LIVE FOR the blueprint cold pressed juice cashew milk so I put some other ingredients into my cashew milk. I put a couple dashes of cinnamon, a date, agave, and vanilla extract! SO DELICIOUS!
Let me know what you think of this recipe or what other types of nut milk blends you’ve tried!
Photo: Amazing Paleo